Watts Up Israel Tour - April 25th 2021
There’s nothing like travel after being stuck at home. And there’s nothing like coming to the Holy Land to cycle after her borders were closed to tourists.
April is a wonderful time to cycle in Israel. Watts Up Israel Tour offers riders the chance to enjoy Israel’s spring weather, while experiencing the country in a way you never could on four wheels.
During this 4-day spring classic, we spend time in the glorious north of Israel, the Jordan Valley, the Dead Sea – the lowest valley on earth, then head up Scorpion Ascent, and spend our final day in the Judaean mountains. As with every KCT tour, we’ll have SAG vehicle support throughout.
Every night we’ll stay in a luxury hotel – details in the What’s Included tab.
Level: Avid Cyclist, Peaks
Sunday April 25, 2021
Pick up: Yitzhak Navon Train Station, Jerusalem
Hotel: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel
Monday April 26, 2021
Distance: 102 kilometers / 63 miles
Climbing: 2,091 meters / 6,800 feet
Descending: 2,405 meters / 7,890 feet
Hotel: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel
Tuesday April 27, 2021
Distance: 140 kilometers / 87 miles
Climbing: 823 meters / 2,700 feet
Descending: 1,461 meters / 4,792 feet
Hotel: David Dead Sea Resort
Wednesday April 28, 2021
Distance: 104 kilometers / 64 miles
Climbing: 1,715 meters / 5,627 feet
Descending: 840 meters / 2,755 feet
Hotel: Waldorf Astoria, Jerusalem
Thursday April 29, 2021
Distance: 65 kilometers / 40 miles
Elevation: 1,497 meters / 4,902 feet
Description: 1,497 meters / 4,902 feet
Drop off: Yitzhak Navon Train Station, Jerusalem
Dates: Sunday April 25 – Thursday April 29, 2021
Price (based on double occupancy): $2,899
For single occupancy, add $700
Please note: Due to the current freeze on incoming tourist travel to Israel, the hotels we plan to stay at have not released updated pricing. Thus, the tour price may change (up or down) as we get updated prices. We will update this page as soon as possible.
April weather is just perfect in Israel. These ideal weather conditions should allow us to enjoy 100% of our trip: the sun is all but guaranteed, it rains very little and the humidity is not too high.
Average highs and lows for April
Golan Heights: 77℉/ 64℉ (25℃ / 18℃)
Avg. Rain Days/month: 6
Avg. Humidity: 58%
Jordan Valley: 81℉ / 66℉ (27℃ / 19℃)
Avg. Rain Days/month: 5
Avg. Humidity: 55%
Dead Sea: 79℉ / 66℉ (26℃ / 19℃)
Avg. Rain Days/month: 0
Avg. Humidity: 54%
Judaean Hills: 77℉ / 66℉ (25℃ / 19℃)
Avg. Rain Days/month: 3
Avg. Humidity: 58%
- Pick up Sunday April 25 at Jerusalem’s Yitzhak Navon Train Station and drop off Thursday April 29 at Jerusalem’s First Station or at Jerusalem’s Yitzhak Navon Train Station, including bike and luggage, at the times outlined in the itinerary. Luggage limit of one bike box, 1 suitcase + 1 handbag per rider.
- All accommodations – see below
- Breakfasts at the hotel. Dinners are either at the hotel, or a restaurant of KCT’s choosing with a limit per rider of ₪300 per meal.
- Lunches – Either at a restaurant of KCT’s choosing with a limit of ₪125 per meal, packed for the road, or delivered to a picnic spot.
- Services of our support crew and SAG vehicle throughout the tour.
- Ground transportation to and from rides.
- Nutrition and drink while on the ride. Nutrition will include Nature Valley bars, Larabars, Nature’s Bakery fig bars, pretzels, GU gels, GU powder, electrolytes, and candies.
- 5 inner tube replacements in the event of flats during the four day tour. Additional inner tube replacements are available at $15 per inner tube.
- 1 Kosher Cycle Tours bike jersey (and a limited-time promotion code for 10% off other gear)
- Kosher Cycle Tours Trans-Israel tour gpx files for Garmin use
Accommodations, based on double occupancy
Sunday: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel half board
Monday: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel half board
Tuesday: David Dead Sea Resort half board
Wednesday: Waldorf Astoria, Jerusalem bed and breakfast
What’s not included
- Travel, other than specified in the tour program
- Medical and personal insurance or services of any sort
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar or extra drinks, gratuities
KCT is happy to assist you in renting a quality road bike at an attractive price from a local shop we have a relationship with. If you want to rent a bike with KCT’s assistance, please send us specifications in regards to size, groupset, pedals, and any other relevant information. You will be responsible to pay the bike shop directly and will assume full responsibility for the bike. While we will endeavor to assist you with the rental bike, KCT does not take any responsibility for the quality, comfort, or rideability of the bike, nor for any damage that may result to the bike or you as a result of the tour.