Watts Up Israel Tour - Oct 18th 2020
There’s nothing like travel after being stuck at home. And there’s nothing like coming to the Holy Land to cycle after her borders were closed to all tourists.
October is a wonderful time to cycle in Israel. Watts Up Israel Tour offers riders the chance to enjoy Israel’s autumn weather, while experiencing the country in a way you never could on four wheels.
During this 4-day autumn classic, we spend time in the glorious north of Israel, the Jordan Valley, the Dead Sea – the lowest valley on earth, then head up Scorpion Ascent, and spend our final day in the Judaean mountains. As with every KCT tour, we’ll have SAG vehicle support throughout.
Every night we’ll stay in a luxury hotel – details in the What’s Included tab.
Level: Avid Cyclist, Peaks
Sunday October 18, 2020
Pick up: Yitzhak Navon Train Station, Jerusalem
Hotel: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel
Monday October 19, 2020
Distance: 102 kilometers / 63 miles
Climbing: 2,091 meters / 6,800 feet
Descending: 2,405 meters / 7,890 feet
Hotel: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel
Tuesday October 20, 2020
Distance: 140 kilometers / 87 miles
Climbing: 823 meters / 2,700 feet
Descending: 1,461 meters / 4,792 feet
Hotel: David Dead Sea Resort
Wednesday October 21, 2020
Distance: 104 kilometers / 64 miles
Climbing: 1,715 meters / 5,627 feet
Descending: 840 meters / 2,755 feet
Hotel: Waldorf Astoria, Jerusalem
Thursday October 22, 2020
Distance: 65 kilometers / 40 miles
Elevation: 1,497 meters / 4,902 feet
Description: 1,497 meters / 4,902 feet
Drop off: Yitzhak Navon Train Station, Jerusalem
Dates: Sunday, October 18 – Thursday October 22, 2020
Price, based on double occupancy: $2,899
For single occupancy, add $700
Average highs and lows for October
Golan Heights: 80º/48º F
Jordan Valley: 76º/60º F
Dead Sea: 92º/74º F
Judaean Hills: 83º/67º F
- Pick up Sunday October 18, 2020 at Jerusalem’s Yitzhak Navon Train Station and drop off Thursday October 22, 2020 at Jerusalem’s First Station or at Jerusalem’s Yitzhak Navon Train Station, including bike and luggage, at the times outlined in the itinerary. Luggage limit of one bike box, 1 suitcase + 1 handbag per rider.
- All accommodations – see below
- Breakfasts at the hotel. Dinners are either at the hotel, or a restaurant of KCT’s choosing with a limit per rider of ₪300 per meal.
- Lunches – Either at a restaurant of KCT’s choosing with a limit of ₪125 per meal, packed for the road, or delivered to a picnic spot.
- Services of our support crew and SAG vehicle throughout the tour.
- Ground transportation to and from rides.
- Nutrition and drink while on the ride. Nutrition will include Nature Valley bars, Larabars, pretzels, GU gels, GU powder, electrolytes, and candies.
- 5 inner tube replacements in the event of flats during the four day tour. Additional inner tube replacements are available at ₪40 per inner tube.
- 1 Kosher Cycle Tours bike jersey (and a limited-time promotion code for 10% off other gear)
- Kosher Cycle Tours Trans-Israel tour gpx files for Garmin use
Accommodations, based on double occupancy
Sunday October 18: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel half board
Monday October 19: Kibbutz Lavi Hotel half board
Tuesday October 20: David Dead Sea Resort half board
Wednesday October 21: Waldorf Astoria, Jerusalem bed and breakfast
What’s not included
- Travel, medical and personal insurance of any sort.
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar or extra drinks, gratuities
KCT is happy to assist you in renting a quality road bike at an attractive price from a local shop we have a relationship with. If you want to rent a bike with KCT’s assistance, please send us specifications in regards to size, groupset, pedals, and any other relevant information. You will be responsible to pay the bike shop directly and will assume full responsibility for the bike. While we will endeavor to assist you with the rental bike, KCT does not take any responsibility for the quality, comfort, or rideability of the bike, nor for any damage that may result to the bike or you as a result of the tour.